What Things can a Student do to Make a Teacher Feel Appreciated?

This Week’s Question:

Teachers, what things can a student do to make you feel appreciated?

It’s not tough. Show up on time. Be ready to learn. Do the reading. Do the homework. Ask intelligent questions. Be interested in the subject. Here’s the deal – as teachers, we are not looking at our students as potential friends. It’s nice when teachers and students get along, but it’s not necessary.

What makes teachers feel appreciated is when students are engaged and take responsibility for their end of the learning process. It’s that simple.

Be a good human and that’ll make about 90% of all teachers feel highly appreciated. The other 10%? Screw ‘em, you can’t make everybody happy.

Oh, and when you run into each other in the pub a few years later, maybe send over a beer. We like that.

 

You can check out my new book, Melanoma, It Started with a Freckle, a story of a man and melanoma, on Amazon and Audible.com

Comments

The Beginning
About David Stanley

Teacher & science guy, writer, musician, coach, skier and bike racer, I am interested… in everything; your story, food & spirits and music and everything in the natural world, spirit & sport. My son is 22 and still needs his Dad. I am 56 and so do I.
I blog on life and death, cancer and sports, kids and education at http://dstan58.blogspot.com/

Local Travel Can Be Very Rewarding…

I think it is important to travel.  Traveling … [Read Article]

Drifting…

This is an edited piece from another … [Read Article]

Top 3 Ways to Reduce Baby Debt…

We are past the baby stage!  Looking back, it was … [Read Article]

This is what I think...

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.